The post will walk you through the process of How To Uninstall League of Legends on Windows PC and macOS. Follow the step-by-step guide for the instructions.
League of Legends was generally well-received at release and has grown in popularity. By July 2012, League of Legends was the most-played PC game in North America and Europe in terms of the number of hours played. As of January 2014, over 67 million people played League of Legends per month, 27 million per day, and over 7.5 million concurrently during peak hours. In September 2016 the company estimated that there are over 100 million active players each month.
The game is often cited in popular culture due to its success and recognition as an eSports and has been featured in several high-profile tournaments including ESL One, Intel Extreme Masters, and World Cyber Games. In addition, it has been featured in high-profile events such as The International 5 and Dreamhack Winter 2011, marking it as one of the most recognized names in eSports history.
League of Legends is a fun game, but it requires a lot of time and effort (especially if you’re trying to climb the ranked ladder). If you find yourself wanting to take a break from the game, or you’re quitting the game entirely, you may want to uninstall League of Legends.
Whether you’re running on Windows or Mac, the process is relatively straightforward. Just follow the instructions of the respective guides to the device.
How To Uninstall League Of Legends on Windows
There are two ways you can follow in order to uninstall or remove League of Legends from your PC. The first goes by simply using the Control panel, whereas the other is via Iobit Uninstaller.
Via Apps & Features
- Hit the ‘Windows’ menu.
- Type ‘Apps & Features’ for Windows 10 and ‘Uninstall a program for Windows 11.
- Now, scroll and select ‘League of Legends’ from the installed programs.
- Then, click on the ‘Uninstall’.
- The program uninstaller will open and prompt for confirmation. Just follow simple on-screen instructions.
Via Iobit Uninstaller
- First, Download and Install the Iobit Uninstaller on your PC.
- Once installed, launch it.
- Go to ‘Programs’ > ‘All Programs’.
- Find ‘League of Legends’ and hit the Uninstall icon next to it.
- The Iobit Uninstaller will prompt a confirmation screen, make sure the ‘Automatically remove residual files’ option is selected. If it is, then just hit the ‘Uninstall’ button.
So, the above was all about uninstalling League of Legends from the PC. If you have the game on a Mac, then you can follow the instructions given below to uninstall League of Legends from macOS.
How To Uninstall League of Legends on macOS
- Firstly, drag and drop the ‘Riot games client’ icon into the trash.
- Now navigate to Finder and hit the Command + SHIFT + G buttons together.
- In the search bar, just type ~/Library
- Then, navigate to ‘Application Support’.
- Under this, right-click on the ‘Riot Games’ folder and move it to the trash.
That’s it! So, we just learned how to Uninstall League of Legends on Mac and PC. In case, you wish to install it again, you can use Iobit’s Create a Point to Restore feature or you can also download the latest version.
In case, if you’ve any queries, feel free to shoot us in the comments section below.